My first blogger award nomination and all thanks to the kind lady of romance, Christina Cole. It was so nice of you to appreciate and nominate my blog. I am super excited and feel greatly honoured. It is seemingly a basic human trait to be recognized, be known, wanted and appreciated.
Basically, the Liebster Award is a “favorite blog award”, as Liebster is the German word for favorite, beloved, or dearest. It is meant for smaller blogs with less than two hundred followers to help expose them to the world and help them discover other new and upcoming bloggers.
In order to formally accept this award, the nominee must do several things
- Link back and recognize the blogger who nominated me.
- Answer ten questions given to me by Christina.
- Nominate ten other bloggers for the award.
- Create ten questions for my nominees to answer.
- Notify my nominees.
Next to answer the ten questions I have been posed with from my nominator:
1) What book has most influenced you in your life?
Well I am mostly a fiction reader and also a hopeless romantic along with a thrill for suspense and crime plots. And fictions don’t seem to adorn a personal influence. But then come to think about it if a book that really seemed to influence the way I grew up or relate to is EMMA by Jane Austen. Just like the protagonist of the novel I was perhaps a spoilt brat (during my teenage years) although am leveling up best to be a Jane Eyre now. I am kind of headstrong and self-satisfied which I intend to tag along with for the future-me and I love to know everything about everybody around me and try my best to help them out although that has often been termed as meddle-some in the past but also have been thanked a few many times by some.
2) If you could change one thing in your life, what would it be?
If I could change a thing about my life, that would be to just a portion of my past where due to my too hot a temper lost a few good friends and friendships in the making.
3) What is your favorite holiday and why?
My favourite holiday is Durga Puja. It is the most significant socio-cultural event in Bengali Hindu society celebrated around the fall season four days long which epitomizes the victory of Good over Evil.
4) Where would you most like to travel?
New Delhi. Haven’t travelled much but have put up in Delhi for a year and just love the city and its people.
5) Does your car have a name? If so, what is it?
No. I don’t own a car at present but I am hoping to very soon and then I think I shall name it Bumpy signifying the very large number of pot holes in the streets where I live right now.
6) Favorite pet?
No great pet lover. Pets are animals and are better in the wild and if to be brought in human contact then only at the zoo and at home only as stuffed toys.
7) What five words would your friends use to describe you?
Talkative, Understanding, Trustworthy, Dominating, Stubborn.
8) What’s your favorite childhood memory?
Many actually. To mention one would be the time when I first met my first best friends “M” and “N”, my first BFFs. First day in kindergarten and all strange new faces, some crying and yelling, and some total silent with the teacher trying her best to calm everybody around when these two bold girls walk up to me and say that I needn’t worry or feel lonely for they are there now and always. That was the best thing that happened. And twenty four years from then, they are still here, may be a distant few hundred miles due to our varied job profiles but total close to the heart.
9) What was the last show you watched on television?
The Vampire Diaries. Kind of total gaga over the Salvatore Brothers and hopelessly wishing to grow the vampire fangs.
10) Do you believe in ghosts?
Hell no!! Total past that childish time frame but yes watching spooky movies do give me goose bumps and the ever non rational creeps.
I hope Christina I have done justice to your questions.
Moving on to the next segment, I need to nominate ten other newbie bloggers for the award. And my choices are:
- Being Nenne
- Godrick Gnomish
- Embroid Yourself
- Romance Novels
- The Marmot in My head
- Ruminations from an Introvert
- Eat Read Glam
- Life & Times
- Improving Slowly
Now nominees here are your ten questions:
- What’s the meaning behind the name of your blog?
- What is one thing a lot of people don’t know about you?
- What five words do you think your closest friends would use to describe you?
- If you were a superhero, who would you be?
- If you could go back to any time period, what would it be?
- If you could live in any country other than your own, where would you choose and why?
- What is one non-technological item that you could NOT live without?
- If you could shift into any animal, what one would you try first?
- If you were to be acting in a Disney movie which would it be and why?
- You can have a half-hour conversation with any fictional character. Who do you choose?
The final part, off to the chosen nominees to inform them about it. They will then have to do all the steps I did and then the Liebster Award will officially be theirs.